Monday, January 23, 2006

Election 2006

Today's the big day!!! I think election time is such an interesting time. There's always the potential for change. Even if the previous government gets re-elected they've made certain promises which usually cause some sort of change - sometimes just by breaking them ;-).

I did a little background research (thank you wikipedia) and discovered that there are 15 different parties running in this election. Can you believe it? FIFTEEN!!! In my riding I've seen signs for 3 major parties (no Bloq in Ontario - LOL), in the riding next I've seen 4 signs with different parties. I really wonder how you can be a viable party with only 1 person running (like the Animal Alliance Environment Voters Party of Canada). Oh well - "Only in Canada, eh? Pity."

I would encourage everyone to vote. If you don't vote, you can't complain. Voting gives you the right to complain. ;-)

Here's the Elections Canada website - http://www.elections.ca/

Technorati Tags:
, ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful that we live in a country where we're allowed to vote for a variety of parties... and I think that voting is only where our political involvement should start. I encourage all who would 'complain because they vote' to also give your MP's feedback through emails or phone calls. SOmetimes it helps; it did for me, but tthat's a whole other story.