Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2005 in Review

Oh heck everyone is doing one and who am I to be a non-conformist in this respect. ;-)

Let's see what has happened in the past year that matters or makes a difference to me.

I was ill for most of the year, starting January 1st - cold after cold - it was rather irritating!!!!! I was feeling great during July and August, except that it was so hot and with no air conditioning. My oldest daughter got the chicken pox, so we couldn't even go anywhere to cool down. We stayed indoors for the whole month - the first 2 weeks with the oldest the second 2 weeks to see if the youngest would get it (which she never did). It was an interesting time.

My oldest also finished Senior Kindergarten and started Grade 1 and the youngest started Junior Kindergarten. They so love school. I also started volunteering at their school one day a week and I love it too!

Hubby has been at his work for 10 years this year and so got an extra week vacation - so very cool!!! It was nice to have some extra time with him.

Thinking about it 2005 was rather mondane, but I liked it just the same. Maybe I'll remember some more things later and edit this post.

Technorati Tags:
, ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the difference between junior kindergartrn and senior kindergarten?
Other than one year is junior kindergarten like playschool?

McDLT said...

With our school - Junior and Senior Kindergarten kids are together, so the younger ones get some of what the older ones are doing and if the older ones are a bit behind they can catch up. It's a step beyond playschool, although we never had JK in my day and we turned out fine (well maybe not ;-) LOL).

We never sent my oldest to JK, but the youngest wanted to go to school so badly and she is doing awesome!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the explaination McDLT.
So does jr kindergarten start at age 4? Sr kindergarten age 5 and gr 1 age 6?

Anonymous said...

test
anonomous was me McDLT.
bro

McDLT said...

Yep bro - JK starts age 4, SK 5, and Grade 1 - 6.

Currently in Ontario, you only have to be in school between the ages of 6 and 16. Although the Ontario government is working to change this by upping the age to stay in school till 18, trying to prevent the high amount of high school drop outs.