Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Clean & Tidy House

It's funny how a clean and tidy house can give you a new outlook. It took me about 2 hours to pick up the toys, paper and general messiness yesterday. I was really proud of myself. Now I'm sure most people don't have a problem with this, but I absolutely despise housework - to the point of leaving it until it is totally out of control and then feeling so overwhelmed and guilty that I can't do it.

Even now as I say my house it clean and tidy I must admit to only having the main floor and entrance way done and even then I have some things shoved away in some corners. Upstairs still needs work as well as the family/playroom.

I also have a huge issue with clutter. For the past few years I've been putting stuff in boxes and marking them for yard sale. We've had a total of 3 yard sales and it looks like each time we get rid of stuff I find more stuff to get rid of to the point that the garage cannot hold a vehicle and we still have so much clutter inside too.

It seems like it will never be done. I'm just thankful we have a dishwasher now. :-)

Technorati Tags:
,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, hate cleaning our house and Karen doesn't enjoy it that much either. So we procrastinate and watch the fuzzballs gather. It's pretty nasty actually

McDLT said...

It's even worse with 2 young kids and they quickly pick up the untidy habit. Oh well, I guess there's always room for improvement.